Martin Street Youth Center
A multipurpose building constructed in 1969-70 and is 5,250 square feet multipurpose building operated by the Parks and Recreation Department. The facility is open for youth ages 8-15, and there is no fee for youth to participate in the programs and services held at the center. An equipment card must be completed by a parent or guardian. Effective January 2004 the build is officially designated as a Youth Center.
Lobby Area: Offers a wide variety of games including: pool tables, ping pong tables, foosball, PS2, and much more.
Lobby Area and Meeting Rooms are available for rent for birthday parties, baby showers, receptions, dinners, religious services, and much more.
Available during regular scheduled operating hours and is based on a four hour time limit.
Commercial (Tupperware, Mary Kay, etc.): $75
Noncommercial (Wedding/baby showers, birthday parties, etc.): $50
Available after business hours.
Dinners, Family Reunions, Banquets , etc.: $150 for deposit & $150 for rental
Dances or Teen Parties (Must be familiar with guidelines. Security will be required.): $250 for deposit and rental
School Year: 3pm - 6pm
Summer: 9am - 6pm
School Year: 3pm - 5pm
Summer: 9am - 4:30pm
School Year: 11am - 4pm
Summer: 11am - 4pm
School Year: Monday - Friday the office is closed for lunch from 1 p.m.- 2 p.m. except when school is out.
Summer: When school is out, the lobby will open at 10 a.m.
Youth Event Guide:
All events scheduled at the Jacksonville Community Center or the Martin Street Recreation Center that will be attended primarily by youth ages 13-21 are required to adhere and agree to the following policies:
- An adult at least age 21 or older with a valid Arkansas driver’s license must make the reservation. This person also accepts responsibility and liability for the event.
- There must be at least one adult for every ten participants. A list of sponsors for these events will be required with name and phone number before the event takes place.
- The Jacksonville Police Department will be notified of all events.
- At least two local off duty police officers must be hired for security. Rate of pay is $25 per hour for a minimum of 3 hours each (total of $150). Officers must be present for the entire time of the event. This must be paid in cash in advance. The Parks and Recreation Department will schedule the officers.
- The event must be paid in full in advance according to arrangements made at time of booking. Security / damage check must also be received prior to the day of the event.
These policies are in addition to regular User Guidelines and Policies. All guidelines are in place to assure a successful event for both your party and this department.
Friday: 9:00 am-5:00 pm
Saturday: 11:00 am-4:00 pm